- 12 evenly sized chat (small coliban) potatoes, unpeeled
- 300g flat green beans, topped, cut in half diagonally
- 200g (3/4 cup) light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 100g pkt snow pea sprouts, cut in half crossways
- 4 x 150g pkts ocean trout portions (Springs brand), flaked
- Step 1Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Boil, uncovered, for 10 minutes (see microwave tip 1). Add beans and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until potatoes are tender and beans are bright green and tender crisp (see microwave tip 2). Drain. Refresh beans under cold running water and place in a serving bowl. Set potatoes aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine sour cream, parsley, mint, dill, green shallots and garlic in a small bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Thickly slice potatoes and add to bowl with the beans. Add snow pea sprouts and flaked ocean trout and toss to combine. Divide among serving plates and drizzle with the herb cream.
- Step 4Serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
Prep: 15 mins (+ 10 mins cooling time) microwave tip 1: Pierce each potato with a fork 4 times. Place on a microwave-safe plate with 1 tbs water. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on High/800watts /100% for 6-8 minutes or until firm but tender when tested with a skewer. Cover with foil, stand 10 minutes. microwave tip 2: Wash the beans and place in a freezer bag, adjusting until they are 2-3 deep when bag is laid flat. Twist the opening to close. Cook on High/800watts/100% for 21/2-3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp.
- Author: Amanda Kelly
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste