- 4 x 200g ocean trout or salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 16 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 celery heart (see box, above), cut diagonally into 1.5cm-thick slices
- 2 witlof, halved lengthways
- 1 granny smith apple, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- Step 1Brush ocean trout with 1 tablespoon oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Heat a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat until very hot. Add ocean trout, skin-side down first, and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 3Place anchovies, lemon juice and remaining oil in a bowl and whisk to combine. Stir in chives. Place lemon rind, celery heart, witlof, apple and chilli flakes in a bowl and toss to combine. Divide salad and ocean trout among plates. Drizzle with dressing. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
Tip: Oily fish such as ocean trout, salmon and tuna are best undercooked to maintain their moistness.
- Author: Lisa Featherby
- Image credit: Scott Hawkins
- Publication: Notebook: