- 225g can beetroot, drained
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 1/3 cup dill fronds
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 600g cooked small potatoes*
- 4 x 180g ocean trout fillets with skin
- Step 1Chop beetroot, zest, parmesan, garlic, half the horseradish and half the dill in a food processor. Slowly add 1/4 cup (60ml) oil until you have a coarse puree. Set aside.
- Step 2In a bowl, whisk sour cream, mustard, remaining horseradish and remaining dill. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the potatoes and toss in sour cream dressing.
- Step 3Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium-high heat. Fry the fish, skin side down, for 3-4 minutes until crisp, then turn over, reduce heat to medium and cook for 2-3 minutes until just cooked through. Divide the potatoes among 4 plates, top with fish and a dollop of beetroot pesto, then serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
*Available ready-cooked in the chilled vegetable cabinet in supermarkets (or steam 600g chat or kipfler potatoes).
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Taste.com.au