- 2 oranges
- 1 fennel bulb
- 4 x 180g skinless ocean trout fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50g baby salad leaves
- 1/3 cup (55g) blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Step 1Segment the oranges by cutting off the ends, skin and pith with a knife.
- Step 2Then, hold one orange in your hand and cut each segment away from the membrane. Repeat with the remaining orange. Do this over a bowl to reserve 2 tablespoons of the juice.
- Step 3Trim and core the fennel bulb, reserving 1 tablespoon of the fronds if desired. Slice the fennel bulb thinly.
- Step 4Combine the orange segments with the sliced fennel, salad leaves and almonds in a bowl. Heat the grill to high.
- Step 5Mix 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper with 1 tablespoon sea salt. Rub the trout fillets with oil, then sprinkle with the mixed salt and pepper.
- Step 6Place a cooking rack into a baking tray, put fish onto the rack, then cook under the grill for 5 minutes, or until cooked as desired.
- Step 7To make the salad dressing, place the red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil in a screwtop jar with the reserved orange juice. Shake well to combine, then toss through the orange and fennel salad.
- Step 8Place the ocean trout fillets on plates, garnish with reserved fennel fronds (if using) and serve with salad.
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Nancy Duran
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: delicious.