- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 1 leek, white part only, thickly sliced
- 1 baby fennel, trimmed, halved, cut into wedges (fronds reserved)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 fresh oregano sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 2 long red chillies, sliced
- 2 truss tomatoes, halved crossways
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced diagonally
- 100g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1/2 x 320g baguette, to serve
- Step 1Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Cook chicken for 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 2Heat remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat. Cook leek and fennel, stirring, for 3 minutes or until just soft. Add garlic, oregano and half of the chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato. Stir to combine. Add wine. Simmer for 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Add stock and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
- Step 3Return chicken to pan with celery and beans. Cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Step 4Sprinkle with extra oregano, remaining chilli and reserved fennel fronds. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with bread.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas