- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) seasoned rice vinegar*
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 16 freshly shucked Pacific oysters
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into julienne
- 50g flying fish (tobikko) or salmon roe
- Step 1Combine soy sauce, vinegar and ginger in a small bowl then refrigerate until ready to use.
- Step 2Just before serving, place oysters on a bed of crushed ice or rock salt. Spoon dressing over, then top with cucumber and roe. Serve.
* This mild-tasting Japanese vinegar, seasoned with salt and sugar, is sometimes labelled sushi vinegar. It is available from Asian food stores and in the Asian section of major supermarkets.
- Author: Lisa Featherby
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Notebook: