- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 4 x 200g blue-eye fillets
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup (135g) wild or brown rice, cooked to packet instructions, cooled
- 100g marinated roasted capsicum, drained, chopped
- 1/3 cup (50g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves torn
- 1/2 bunch basil, leaves torn
- Extra lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Place 2 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Season the fish and cook, skin-side down, for 4 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside to rest, loosely covered with foil, for 3 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, to make the dressing, combine the lemon zest and juice, mustard and remaining 2 tbs oil in a large bowl.
- Step 3Season, then add the cooled rice. Add the roasted capsicum, pine nuts, mint and basil, then toss to combine.
- Step 4Discard the skin from the fish and serve with the wild rice salad and lemon wedges to squeeze over
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Warren Mendes
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste.com.au