- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 16 x 100g whiting fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 celery sticks, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup small fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 red apples, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 baby fennel, very thinly sliced
- Step 1Combine fennel seeds and coriander seeds in a small bowl. Place fish fillets on a clean board. Sprinkle spice mixture over both sides of fish and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish, in batches, for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place mayonnaise, 1 ½ tablespoons water and juice in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add celery, parsley, apple, cabbage and fennel. Toss gently to combine. Divide salad among serving plates and top with fish fillets.
- Step 3Pair this dish with Houghton Sauvignon Blanc Semillon.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Sam McAdam-Cooper
- Publication: Taste.com.au