- 600g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/3 cup (55g) whole almonds
- 3/4 cup (60g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 8 x 100g skinless whiting fillets
- 1/2 cup (75g) cornflour, seasoned
- Extra lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Cook broccoli in boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes until just tender, then drain and refresh in cold water. Finely chop broccoli and almonds in a food processor. Add cheese, garlic, parsley, zest, juice and 100ml oil. Pulse to a coarse pesto, then season and set aside.
- Step 2Coat whiting in seasoned cornflour, shaking off excess. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook, turning, for 4-5 minutes until golden. Serve the fish with the broccoli pesto and lemon wedges.
- Author: Phoebe Wood
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste.com.au