- 800g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 (200g each) heart-smart beef rump steaks
- 2 (200g each) firm white fish fillets (see note)
- 50g baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 60g feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin and onion on prepared tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Step 2Combine paprika and remaining oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place beef and fish on separate plates. Divide paprika mixture between beef and fish. Rub to coat.
- Step 3Make dressing: Place honey, lemon juice and oil in a bowl. Whisk until honey has dissolved. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Heat a barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Add beef. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes. Cook fish for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Step 5Place pumpkin mixture in a bowl. Add spinach, pepitas, feta and dressing. Toss to combine. Serve steak and fish with salad.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
For the children: Mash pumpkin. Finely chop meat or flake fish. We used blue eye fish. You could also use gemfish or ling.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas