- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 95g (1 1/2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs
- 40g (1/2 cup) shredded parmesan
- 800g skinless white fish fillets, cut into 12 strips
- 1 large pink grapefruit
- 4 qukes, peeled into ribbons
- 1 large avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh dill sprigs, to serve
- Olive oil, to shallow-fry
- Step 1Place the flour and egg in separate bowls. Combine the chopped dill, breadcrumbs and parmesan on a large plate.
- Step 2Dip 1 fish piece in flour. Shake off excess. Dip in egg, then breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to coat. Place on a baking tray. Repeat with remaining fish. Place in fridge for 10 minutes to chill.
- Step 3Use a zester, or a vegetable peeler and a small sharp knife, to cut the grapefruit rind into thin strips. Holding the grapefruit over a bowl to catch any juice, cut into segments. Add the grapefruit rind and segments to the juice in the bowl.
- Step 4Add the quke, avocado and oil to the grapefruit mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with dill sprigs.
- Step 5Add enough oil to a large deep frying pan to reach a depth of 1cm. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook half the fish for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining fish. Serve with the salad.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Cynthia Black
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Australian Good Taste