- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600g Nile perch fillets, cut into 4 serving portions
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 leek, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 300ml carton cream
- Steamed baby carrots, to serve
- Steamed potatoes, to serve
- Chopped fresh dill, to serve
- Step 1Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook for 3 minutes each side or until crisp and just cooked. Remove from pan, cover loosely with foil and set aside.
- Step 2Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add leek, mushrooms and garlic. Cook, uncovered, stirring often, for 10-12 minutes or until leeks and mushrooms are very soft.
- Step 3Increase pan heat to high and add wine. Cook for 1 minute. Add cream and reduce heat to medium.
- Step 4Simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly. Add fish to the pan and spoon sauce over the fish to warm through.
- Step 5Toss dill with steamed carrots and potatoes. Serve with fish.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Fresh Living