- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 6 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 baguette, cut in half horizontally
- 40g pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup (40g) grated parmesan
- Salami, to serve
- Olives, to serve
- Salad, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat half the butter with the oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onion, anchovies and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until soft and caramelised.
- Step 2Brush baguette halves with remaining butter. Sit each piece in a ‘basket’ of scrunched foil (to stabilise) on a baking tray. Top each with onion, dot with olives, drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Serve with salami, olives and salad.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: delicious.