- 140g (1 cup) pistachio kernels
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 60ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 60ml (1/4 cup) warm water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Sourdough bread, toasted, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C. Spread pistachios over a lined baking tray. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle over the cumin. Cool.
- Step 2Process the pistachios, lemon juice, water, oil, tahini, garlic and sea salt in a food processor until smooth. Place in a bowl and stir in the coriander and chilli. Serve with oil and bread.
Try this! For a deliciously nutty chocolate bark, combine melted white chocolate melts, dried cranberries and pistachios. Spread over a lined tray. Chill until set then break into pieces.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Australian Good Taste