- 8 x 120g salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 1/2 cups grapeseed oil
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and bruised with knife
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 small bulb fennel, trimmed, finely shredded
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 lime, rind finely grated and juiced
- Step 1Preheat oven to 90C or 70C fan. Pull out all the fine bones from the salmon fillets with clean fish tweezers or household tweezers.
- Step 2Pour oil into a large baking dish. Lay salmon in oil in a single layer. Top with garlic and basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and bake for 30-35 mins until the salmon is firm. Remove from oven and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Step 3Meanwhile, toss together fennel and coriander. Combine lime rind, juice and sugar. Add to fennel and toss to combine. Chill.
- Step 4When ready to serve, remove salmon from oil bath and arrange on serving platter. Add 1 tablespoon of oil from fish to fennel mixture and toss to combine. Pile fennel salad over top of salmon fillets. Serve at room temperature.
Tip: You can prepare this dish on the morning of your party. Cover, chill then bring back to room temperature before serving.
At low temperatures in an electric oven plastic wrap won’t melt and is used to enhance the texture of the salmon. However, if you have a gas oven use foil to cover the salmon.
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles