- 375g boneless white fish fillets, roughly chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon
- 120g (2/3 cup) polenta
- 1 egg, whisked
- 500ml (2 cups) peanut oil
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Step 1Place the fish in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the onion, parsley, ginger, salt, pepper and the juice from 1/2 of the lemon. Process to combine. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Step 2Divide the mixture into 8 and shape into patties about 5cm in diameter and 1.5cm thick. Place the polenta on a plate. Dip the fish cakes in the egg and then the polenta, pressing the polenta on firmly to form a thick coating.
- Step 3Heat the oil in a large shallow frying pan (about 30cm base measurement) over medium heat. Add 1/2 the fish cakes and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with the remaining fish cakes.
- Step 4Cut the remaining lemon half into wedges. Serve the fish cakes with the sweet chilli sauce and lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
leftovers: use the onion in salads or salsas. Use the parsley in barbequed mushrooms with eggplant and roast beef and spinach, chichpea & almond salad. Use the ginger and sweet chilli sauce in stir-fries. Use the polenta in muffin mixtures.
- Author: Janelle Bloom
- Publication: Australian Good Taste