- 500g potatoes (such as desiree), peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 185g can tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 1 celery stick, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) fresh or drained canned corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- 90g (1 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Cook potato in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water for 15 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Mash until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Step 2Add the tuna, celery, carrot, corn, parsley and egg yolk to the mash. Season with salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Step 3Divide mixture into 12 portions. Shape each portion into a patty. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Add the patties and turn to coat.
- Step 4Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook 4 patties for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining patties.
- Step 5Serve patties with sweet chilli sauce and salad leaves.
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Freezing tip: Cool. Wrap each patty in 2 layers of plastic wrap. Place in an airtight container. Label, date and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in fridge.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Rob Palmer & Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste