- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 bunch coriander, washed, dried, roots & stalks trimmed
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried
- 30 medium cooked tiger prawns, peeled, deveined
- 2 lemons, cut into 10 wedges, to serve
- Ciabatta or crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Use a small sharp knife to cut 1 of the avocados in half. Remove the stone and peel. Place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the coriander, egg yolks and half the lemon juice, and process until combined. With the motor running, add the oil in a thin steady stream until the mixture is thick and smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Place mayonnaise in an airtight container. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface. Cover with a lid and store in the fridge.
- Step 2Use a small sharp knife to cut the remaining avocados in half. Remove the stones and peel. Coarsely chop and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining lemon juice and gently toss to coat.
- Step 3Place lettuce leaves, cup-side up, on serving plates. Divide avocado mixture among lettuce leaves and arrange the prawns on top. Drizzle with mayonnaise and season with pepper. Serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread.
All nutrition values are per serve
You can make the mayonnaise (step 1) up to 1 day ahead. Continue from step 2, 15 minutes before serving.
- Author: Ross Dobson
- Image credit: Chris Chen
- Publication: Australian Good Taste