- 1 bunch coriander
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 24 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned, tails intact
- Lime wedges, to serve
Green apple & herb salad
- 2 granny smith apples, cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- Step 1Pick the leaves from the bunch of coriander and reserve for the salad.
- Step 2To make marinade for prawns, trim 3cm from the coriander roots and wash well. Discard stems. Using a mortar and pestle, pound coriander roots, garlic and peppercorns to a paste, then stir in fish sauce and oil. Place prawns and marinade in a bowl and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Step 3To make salad, place apples, reserved coriander leaves, mint and lemon juice in a bowl and toss to combine. To make dressing, whisk fish sauce with sugar and vinegar in a small bowl. Toss apple mixture with dressing, then set aside.
- Step 4Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue to high. Thread 3 marinated prawns onto each skewer. Cook for 11?2 minutes each side or until just cooked.
- Step 5Serve skewers with green apple and herb salad, and lime wedges.
You’ll need 8 x 24cm bamboo skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes. Allow an extra 30 minutes to marinate.
- Author: Marion Grasby
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: MasterChef