- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Cooked pappardelle pasta, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, anchovy, chilli and capers. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Step 2Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Add basil. Stir to combine.
- Step 3Add olives and parsley to sauce just before serving. Stir to combine. Serve with pappardelle pasta.
- High carb
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas