- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup (140g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 16 green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 2 x 150g hot-smoked salmon fillets, flaked
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 baby fennel bulb, very finely chopped
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 100g unsalted butter, melted, cooled slightly
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Four 350ml ovenproof dishes
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Step 2Combine the milk, eggs, dill, yoghurt and paprika in a bowl. Divide the prawns, salmon, peas and fennel among four 350ml ovenproof dishes, then pour in the milk mixture. Lay 2 sheets of filo on a clean work surface. Brush with butter, then scrunch together and lightly place on top of a pie filling. Repeat with remaining filo and pies.
- Step 3Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp, and prawns are just cooked. Cool slightly. Serve pies with lemon wedges.
- Author: Warren Mendes
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Taste.com.au