- 200g dried rice-stick (pad Thai) noodles
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fried shallots (optional)
- Step 1Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 6 to 7 minutes or until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Step 2Add capsicum, carrot, cucumber, onion and coriander to noodles. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Place oil, lime juice, sweet chilli sauce and fish sauce in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Add to noodle mixture. Toss to combine. Top with shallots (if using). Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas