- 5 red capsicums, quartered, deseeded
- 5 yellow capsicums, quartered, deseeded
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
- 4 anchovies fillets, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained, roughly chopped
- Step 1Preheat a grill on high.
- Step 2Place the capsicum pieces, skin-side up, under preheated grill and cook for 8-10 minutes or until charred and blistered. Transfer to a heatproof bowl, cover with a plate or foil and set aside for 10 minutes (this helps lift the skin). Peel the skin from the capsicum pieces and cut the flesh into 1cm-thick slices.
- Step 3Place the capsicum slices, oil, oregano, anchovies, garlic and capers in a large serving bowl. Gently toss until combined. Transfer to an airtight container and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
Note: You can prepare this recipe up to 2 days ahead. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving to bring to room temperature.
- Author: Rodney Dunn
- Image credit: Chris Chen
- Publication: Australian Good Taste