- 250g Chang's dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 300g roast pork, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 80g beansprouts, trimmed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
Sweet and sour dressing
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Ayam fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Step 1Place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Step 2Make sweet and sour dressing: Place chillies, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and 1 tablespoon of cold water in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake well to combine.
- Step 3Using kitchen scissors, coarsely chop noodles. Combine noodles, pork, capsicum, beansprouts, cucumber, coriander and mint in a bowl. Pour over dressing. Toss well to combine. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
You could use 600g peeled (tail intact), deveined, cooked king prawns instead of the pork.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas