- 8 Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Drumsticks Large Pack (see notes)
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil divided
- 160g kalettes halved lengthwise
- 1 small brown onion (120g), thinly sliced into rings
- 1 long red chilli thinly sliced into rings
- 4 cups steamed rice for serving
- Step 1Preheat oven to 250C (230C fan-forced). Place a rack on a large heavy baking tray.
- Step 2In a small bowl whisk sugar fish sauce, vinegar and garlic. Set fish sauce mixture aside.
- Step 3Using a sharp knife score skin and flesh on chicken. Coat chicken with 1tbs oil & 1tbs fish sauce mixture. Place chicken on rack on baking tray. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 25 mins or until chicken is crisp on outside and cooked through.
- Step 4Just before serving heat a wok or large heavy frying pan over high heat. Add 1tbs oil. When oil is smoking add kalettes. Stir-fry for 1 min. Add onion and chilli and stir-fry 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add fish sauce mixture and cook 30 seconds or until liquid has reduced slightly. Serve immediately with chicken and rice.
Make-Ahead: Fish sauce mixture can be made up to 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated.
You can find the chicken drumsticks in the meat department of your local Coles supermarket
- Publication: Coles