- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 2kg Golden Delight potatoes (see note), peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 x 1.5kg skin-on salmon fillet, pin boned
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5 drained anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, rinsed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Step 1To make the salsa verde, combine the parsley, mint, basil, oil, garlic, anchovy, capers, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 200°C. Reserve 2 teaspoons of the oil. Combine the potato, lemon juice, lemon rind and remaining oil in a 3.5-4L (14-16 cup) capacity baking dish. Bake in oven, tossing occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Step 3Line a roasting pan with non-stick baking paper. Place the salmon in the lined pan. Drizzle over the reserved oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake with the potato for 20-25 minutes or until the salmon flakes when tested with a fork and the potato is tender and slightly golden.
- Step 4Arrange the salmon and potato on a serving platter (see tip). Spoon the salsa verde along the salmon. Serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
Golden delight potatoes are great for baking, and infusing them with lemon makes them just right for this fish dish. If Golden Delight potatoes are unavailable, use Ruby Lou or Royal Blue potatoes instead. Use the baking paper to transfer the salmon to the platter, then trim around the salmon so the paper isn’t visible.
- Author: Gemma Luongo
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste