- 4 (about 600g) salmon fillets, skin and bones removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dill
- 1 avocado, halved, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bagels, split, toasted
- Oak lettuce leaves, to serve
- Mayonnaise, to serve
- Step 1Place salmon, lime rind and dill in the bowl of a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse 6-8 times or until salmon is coarsely chopped and mixture just comes together. Divide mixture into four even portions. Shape each portion into a 12cm patty. Place on a plate; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to rest.
- Step 2Combine the avocado, green onions, chilli and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Step 3Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the salmon patties and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown and almost cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Step 4Place a bagel half on serving plates. Top with lettuce leaves and a salmon patty. Spoon over avocado salsa and dollop with mayonnaise. Top with remaining bagel half and serve immediately.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Chris Chen
- Publication: Notebook: