- 2 sheets frozen ready rolled 25% reduced fat shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 375mls Carnation light & creamy evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 200g smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dill sprigs, finely chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease and line base and sides of a 24cm (base) fluted flan pan with pastry. Trim excess pastry. Line pastry with baking paper and fill with rice or ceramic pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and rice. Bake for a further 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden. Remove from oven and place onto a cold baking tray. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
- Step 2Heat oil in a small, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Transfer to a large bowl. Add evaporated milk and eggs. Whisk until well combined. Add salmon, capers and dill. Stir until well combined. Pour filling into pastry base. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling sets. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Taste.com.au