- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 450g pkt Sun Rice Brown Rice in 90 Seconds
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 1 x 425g can baby corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 100g smoked salmon, chopped
- Step 1Heat a wok over medium heat. Add half the peanut oil and heat until smoking. Pour in egg and swirl to cover base. Cook for 2 minutes or until just set. Transfer the omelette to a plate and set aside to cool slightly. Roll up. Thinly slice crossways.
- Step 2Heat wok over medium-high heat. Add remaining peanut oil. Heat until smoking. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat the rice following packet directions.
- Step 4Add the rice, peas, corn and soy sauce to the wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the peas are heated through. Stir in the omelette, sesame oil and salmon. Divide the fried rice among serving dishes to serve.
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
Budget tip: Replace smoked salmon with 1 x 210g can pink salmon, drained, flaked.
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste