- 800g washed small potatoes
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 1 110g jar Korean Salad Dressing (Sakims brand)
- 1 415g can pink salmon (John West brand), drained, flaked
- 50g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- Step 1Cook the potatoes in a medium saucepan of salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until just tender (see microwave tip). Drain and cool under cold running water.
- Step 2Quarter the potatoes and place in a large bowl with the green shallots, cucumbers and mint. Toss to combine. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the salad dressing and pour the remaining dressing over the potato salad and gently toss to combine. Arrange the potato salad on serving plates, top with the flaked salmon and snow pea sprouts. Spoon over the reserved salad dressing and serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
Microwave tip: pierce each potato three times with a fork. Place directly onto the turntable and cook uncovered 4-5 minutes on High/850watts/100% or until just tender. Wrap potatoes in foil and stand for 5 minutes before cutting into quarters. Gourmet tip: use canned red salmon instead of pink salmon. For the kids: potato salad with salmon – leave out green shallots.
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Publication: Australian Good Taste