- 2/3 cup white long-grain rice
- 3 x 95g cans salmon (with tomato and onion), drained
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 1/2 x 180g bag baby leaves with beetroot
- 2 tablespoons creamy roasted garlic dressing
- Step 1Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Allow to cool.
- Step 2Place salmon, rice, breadcrumbs and eggs in a large bowl. Season. Mix well. Using 2 tablespoons of mixture at a time, roll into 12 balls. Flatten slightly. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Step 3Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden and heated through. Serve with salad leaves and dressing.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Make ahead: Patties can be made ahead the day before cooking. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Use this recipe as a base and experiment with different cans of salmon. You could also use canned tuna if you prefer.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas