- 375g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup extra-light thickened cream
- 415g can red salmon, drained, skin and bones removed, flaked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill sprigs
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is golden and softened. Add capers and garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Step 3Increase heat to high. Add wine. Cook for 2 minutes or until wine has almost evaporated. Add stock and cream. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Step 4Add cream mixture to pasta. Toss to coat. Add salmon and half the dill. Toss to combine. Serve topped with remaining dill.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas