- 400g floury potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 600g fresh salmon or ocean trout fillets, skinned
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150g fresh breadcrumbs or dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Step 1Heat oven to 180C. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 minutes, then drain and mash. Set aside to cool. Bake salmon for 10 minutes, then remove and cool.
- Step 2Shred the salmon with a fork and fold into the potato with the Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, mustard, capers, lemon zest, parsley, and plenty of salt and pepper. Divide into 8 portions, shape into patties (use a 7cm pastry ring for a good shape) and chill for 30 minutes.
- Step 3Cook the beans in simmering salted water for 5 minutes, drain and season. Dip each fishcake into flour, then beaten egg, then breadcrumbs, until completely coated.
- Step 4Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and cook the fishcakes on one side until golden brown, then turn and lightly cook the other side.
- Step 5Serve with green beans and lemon.
- Author: Member recipe
- Publication: Member recipe