- 200g (1 cup) red lentils
- 4 x 200g pieces skinless pin-boned salmon fillet
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch coriander
- 2 lemons
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- Step 1To make chermoula, wash coriander, then pick 1/4 cup leaves and reserve. Place remaining coriander, including roots, stems and leaves, in a food processor. Juice lemons, then add to food processor with garlic, cumin, paprika, vinegar, oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Process until smooth. Makes 1 cup.
- Step 2Cook lentils in a saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Step 3Meanwhile, preheat grill to high. Place salmon on a greased oven tray. Drizzle 1 tablespoon chermoula over each piece of salmon, then cook for 8 minutes or until just cooked. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 4Meanwhile, to make salad, halve and remove stones from avocados. Using a small knife, score flesh into 1cm pieces while still in the skin. Using a large spoon, scoop out flesh close to the skin in one movement, then place in a bowl. Add remaining chermoula and toss gently to combine.
- Step 5Drain lentils and return to pan. Season with salt and pepper, then toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Divide among bowls, then top with a piece of salmon. Spoon over avocado and chermoula salad, then scatter with reserved coriander leaves to serve.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
Chermoula is a marinade used inNorth African cooking, commonly used to flavour seafood.
- Author: Sophia Young
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: MasterChef