- olive oil cooking spray
- 250g fillet Atlantic salmon, skin on
- 200g packet udon noodles (see note)
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 small bok choy, trimmed, leaves separated, stem sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- Step 1Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Spray both sides salmon with oil. Place, skin side down, in hot wok. Cook for 3 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes or until just cooked though. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Separate noodles following packet directions.
- Step 2Reheat wok and spray lightly with oil. Add capsicum and zucchini. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add sugar snap peas, bok choy stems, onions and garlic. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes or until just tender.
- Step 3Combine black bean sauce with 1 tablespoon hot water. Add to wok with noodles and bok choy leaves. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 4Flake salmon and toss gently through noodles. Divide between bowls and serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
Note: Look for udon noodles in the dried noodles’ aisle and the refrigerator section of your supermarket.
- Author: Kim Meredith
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas