- 2 (about 900g each) salmon fillets, skin on
Coriander lime pistou
- 2 cups chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) peanut oil
- Large pinch of sea salt flakes
- Step 1To make the coriander lime pistou, place the coriander, lime rind, garlic, oil and salt in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle until a paste forms.
- Step 2Preheat a closed barbecue or oven to 200°C. Place 1 salmon fillet, skin-side down, on a clean work surface. Spread evenly with pistou. Top with remaining salmon fillet, skin-side up. Use unwaxed white kitchen string to tie at 5cm intervals to secure. Wrap in foil and place in a disposable foil tray.
- Step 3Roast salmon in closed barbecue or oven for 30 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from barbecue and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Cut into slices to serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
You can prepare this recipe to the end of step 1 up to 1 day ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Continue from step 2 up to 1 hour before serving.
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Chris Chen
- Publication: Australian Good Taste