- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (55g) blanched whole almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 800g jap pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 x 175g pieces salmon or ocean trout fillet, skinned
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped coriander leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, celery and almonds. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until vegetables are beginning to soften. Add spices. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Step 2Add pumpkin to pan. Stir to coat, then add tomatoes and 1/2 cup water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low-medium. Cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add salmon. Season to taste, then cook for 4-5 minutes, turning once, or until pale golden and cooked to your liking.
- Step 4Divide pumpkin mixture among plates. Sprinkle with coriander then top with salmon. Serve with lemon wedges.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Leanne Kitchen
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Notebook: