- 6 (about 900g) chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 spring onions, ends trimmed, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon sichuan peppercorns, crushed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 bunches baby bok choy, ends trimmed,quartered lengthways
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Oyster sauce, extra, to serve
- 12 bamboo skewers (see note)
- Step 1Thread the chicken, capsicum and spring onion among the skewers. Combine the sea salt, sichuan pepper, black pepper and five spice in a small bowl. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of the chicken skewers.
- Step 2Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the chicken skewers and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Step 3Heat the remaining oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for about 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the bok choy, oyster sauce and soy sauce, and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the bok choy just wilts. Remove from the heat.
- Step 4Spoon the steamed rice among serving bowls. Top with the bok choy mixture and chicken skewers, and drizzle with extra oyster sauce, if desired. Serve immediately.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
Note: You will need to soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water for 15 minutes for this recipe.
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Australian Good Taste