- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium (about 100g each) cleaned squid hoods, cut into 5mm-thick rings
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 x 100g pkt baby Asian greens
- Step 1Place the flour, pepper and salt in a clean plastic bag. Add the squid rings and tie the bag to seal.
- Step 2Shake the bag until the squid is fully coated in the flour mixture and set aside.
- Step 3Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the squid, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and just cooked through. Transfer to a large plate lined with paper towel.
- Step 4Divide the baby Asian greens among serving plates. Top with the salt & pepper squid.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste