- 4 cups (1 litre) fish stock or water
- 20g butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) arborio rice
- 1 cup (250ml) sparkling white wine
- 2 bunches asparagus, thinly sliced diagonally
- 200g scallops
- 1 tablespoon black truffle oil (see note)
- Chervil leaves, to serve
- Step 1Bring the stock or water to the boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat and keep at a gentle simmer. Heat butter and 1 tablespoonful of the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes or until grains appear slightly glassy. Add the wine to the rice and stir continuously until liquid is completely absorbed. Gradually add the stock, stirring continuously, allowing the liquid to absorb before adding more. Cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender yet firm to the bite and risotto is creamy. Add the asparagus and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the scallops and cook for 1 minute each side until golden or cooked to your liking. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Spoon risotto among serving bowls. Top with scallops and drizzle with truffle oil. Sprinkle with chervil and serve immediately.
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
Black truffle oil is available from delicatessens and providores.
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Notebook: