- 30g butter
- 1 large leek, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 300g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 300g sebago potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 rashers middle bacon, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 4 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 corn cobs, kernels removed
- 600g marinara mix
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Melt butter in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek, sweet potato, potato and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek has softened.
- Step 2Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in stock and 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add corn, marinara mix and cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until seafood is cooked through.
- Step 3Ladle soup into bowls. Top with dill. Serve with bread.
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
Variation: Replace marinara mix with 600g firm white fish fillets. Cook for 5 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas