- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg fresh marinara mix
- 300ml ctn pouring cream
- 100g vintage cheddar, crumbled
- 2 sheets (25 x 25cm) frozen puff pastry, quartered, just thawed
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook one-quarter of the marinara mix, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until almost cooked. Transfer to a 310ml (1 1/4-cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with remaining oil and marinara mix and 3 more dishes.
- Step 2Add the cream to the pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the cream has reduced by a third. Add the cheddar and season with salt and pepper. Stir for 1-2 minutes or until the cheddar melts.
- Step 3Pour the cream mixture over the seafood in the dishes. Arrange 2 pastry squares, at opposite angles, on top of each dish. Press down gently to seal the edges. Brush the tops of the pies with water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Place the dishes on a baking tray. Cut 2 small slits in the top of each pie to allow steam to escape. Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste