- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped drained bottled jalapeno chillies (Sandhurst brand)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 150g firm white fish fillet like ling, snapper or barramundi, cut into 2cm pieces
- 12 large green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 (about 150g) cleaned squid hood, cut into 2cm pieces, inside surface scored
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Step 1Combine stock, onion, garlic, oregano and thyme in saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Add the tomatoes and chillies. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Taste and season.
- Step 3Add the fish, prawns and squid. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes, the prawns curl and turn pink, and the squid turns opaque.
- Step 4Ladle soup into serving bowls and serve sprinkled with coriander.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jan Purser
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste