- 400g Pink Fir potatoes, peeled, cut into 1.5cm-thick slices
- 200g green beans, topped, tailed
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons torn Continental parsley leaves
- 60mls (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 (about 500g) bream fillets
- Step 1Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender (see microwave tip 1).
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until tender crisp (see microwave tip 2). Drain the potatoes and beans and refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Place the potatoes, beans, tomatoes, onion, parsley, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Step 3Preheat a chargrill or barbecue on high.
- Step 4Brush the fish fillets with the remaining olive oil and rub with salt and pepper. Cook on preheated chargrill or barbecue for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with the remaining lemon juice. Divide the potato salad among serving plates and top with the fish fillets.
Microwave tip 1: Wash the potatoes and pierce each 4 times with a fork. Place the whole potatoes around the outer edge of the turntable. Cook for 4-6 minutes on High/850watts/100%. Remove, wrap in foil and allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting into 1.5cm-thick slices. Microwave tip 2: Wash the beans, place into a freezer bag and twist to dose. Cook for 2-3 minutes on High/850watts/100% or until tender crisp. Gourmet tips: Use extra virgin olive oil. Add 100g black olives to the salad. Leftovers: Use parsley in ricotta, beet & rocket salad (see related recipes) For the kids: Fish with beans – leave out the onion in the salad.
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Publication: Australian Good Taste