- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1/2 cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 slices woodfired or sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 4 x 150g tuna steaks
- 1/3 cup (80g) black olive tapenade
- 1 cup wild rocket
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Step 2Place tomatoes on a baking tray, season and drizzle with oil. Roast for 6-8 minutes until softened. Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice in a bowl, then set aside.
- Step 3Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Brush bread with oil and cook for 1-2 minutes each side until charred. Rub bread with cut side of garlic. Brush tuna with oil and season. Chargrill for 1-2 minutes each side for medium rare.
- Step 4Spread the bread with tapenade, top with the tuna, lemon mayonnaise and rocket, then serve with roasted tomatoes.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Taste.com.au