- 180g pkt Hakubaku Soba Noodles
- 150g snow peas, halved diagonally
- 600g skinless salmon fillets
- 40g (1/4 cup) mixed sesame seeds or white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 continental cucumber, halved, deseeded, sliced diagonally
- 3 green shallots, diagonally sliced
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- Step 1For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Step 2Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions, adding the snow peas for the last minute of cooking time. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Step 3Season the salmon. Place the sesame seeds on a plate. Press salmon in seeds to coat. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook salmon, turning, for 6-7 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Set aside for 2 minutes. Slice.
- Step 4Place noodle mixture, cucumber, shallot and three-quarters of the dressing in a large bowl. Gently toss. Top with the avocado and salmon. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
All nutrition values are per serve
Get ahead: make the dressing up to 2 days in advance and store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine