- 6 large green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 100g smoked trout fillet
- 4 eschalots, chopped
- 4 thick slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- Mustard cress or snow pea sprout leaves, to garnish (see Notes)
- Step 1Place prawns, trout and eschalots in a food processor, season with salt and pepper, and process to combine. Spread the mixture onto the bread and cut into fingers, discarding crusts. Coat the tops with sesame seeds.
- Step 2Heat 5cm oil in a deep frypan over medium-high heat. When hot, fry bread for 1 minute each side until golden. Drain on paper towel. Serve as an appetiser, garnished with cress or sprouts.
* Mustard cress is available from selected greengrocers.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Petrina Tinslay
- Publication: Taste.com.au