- 2 x 15g pkts sesame seeds
- 4 (about 140g each) tuna steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 250ml (1 cup) sweet & sour sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 ripe tomatoes, halved, cut into thick wedges
- 65g (1 cup) bean sprouts
- 1 x 100g pkt Asian baby greens
- Step 1Place the sesame seeds on a large plate. Press tuna steaks in the sesame seeds to evenly coat. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the tuna for 2-3 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking and sesame seeds turn brown.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the sweet & sour sauce and soy sauce in a jug. Place the tomatoes, bean sprouts and Asian baby greens in a medium bowl. Drizzle with sweet & sour dressing and toss to combine. Serve tuna steaks with sweet & sour salad.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Leftovers: Use bean sprouts in salads or stir-fries.
Wine suggestion: Tuna and chardonnay go hand in hand. Jamiesons Run Chardonnay, $15, or De Bortoli Windy Peak Chardonnay, $14, will go down a treat.
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste