- 4 medium (about 750g) desiree potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 250ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Steamed asparagus, to serve
- Red radishes, washed, dried, stems and roots trimmed, quartered, to serve
- Step 1Cook the potato in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well and return to the pan. Use a potato masher or fork to mash until smooth. Transfer the mashed potato to a large bowl. Add the garlic and lemon juice and use a wooden spoon to beat until well combined. Taste and season with salt.
- Step 2Use an electric beater to beat the potato mixture, gradually adding the oil in a thin steady steam until well combined. Add the egg and beat until thick and glossy.
- Step 3Transfer the skordalia to a serving bowl. Arrange the steamed asparagus and radish on a large serving plate and serve immediately with the skordalia.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Louise Pickford
- Image credit: Chris Court
- Publication: Australian Good Taste