- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cob corn, kernels removed
- 500g smoked cod fillets cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 12 sheets chilled filo pastry
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in stock. Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Add mustard, corn kernels, cod, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined and set aside to cool completely.
- Step 2Layer 3 sheets of pastry on top of each other, spraying lightly with oil in between each layer. Spoon 1/4 of the cod mixture along one short end. Roll up to enclose filling, folding in sides as you go. Place parcel, seam side down on a lightly greased baking tray. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Spray each parcel with a little more oil and sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds.
- Step 3Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through. Serve with salad leaves and lemon wedges.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jess Sly
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Fresh Living